Here is a list of best free embroidery file viewer software for Windows. Using these software, you can view embroidery designs saved in various files. Most of these support a good number of embroidery file formats. These are ART, ARX, PES, PEC, EMD, GNC, HUS, SHV, VIP, SEW, EXP, PCS, XXX, DST, etc.
These software provide standard options to view a design including zoom, rotate, flip, magnifier, etc. Also, you get a 3D rendering option to visualize the embroidery. Many of these provide options like show/hide stitch points, show/hide hoops, show/hide selected objects, etc. You can also view design properties and statistics in most of these software. In a few of these, you can play embroidery sequence too. Apart from viewing embroidery, some also let you edit and save the design in a supported format.
My Favorite Free Embroidery File Viewer Software for Windows:
BERNINA ARTLink is my favorite embroidery file viewer as it provides all essential and advanced set of tools to view embroidery designs. It also lets you play the entire sequence of embroidery design. It also supports a large number of embroidery files to view.
BERNINA ARTLink is a free embroidery software for Windows. Using it, you can view and edit embroidery designs. To view embroidery designs, its supports files like ART, ARX, PES, PEC, EMD, GNC, HUS, SHV, VIP, SEW, EXP, PCS, XXX, DST, etc. You can view an embroidery in Artistic View mode. It lets you select whether to show or hide needle points, hoops, grid, rulers & guide, etc. It lets you use zoom and pan options to view the designs.
Here are some features of this embroidery file viewer worth mentioning:
- It provides a handy Slow Redraw feature which plays the entire stitching sequence. For this, you can customize a few parameters like stitch range, play speed, standard playback options, enable auto scroll, etc.
- You can view design properties which include design name, stitch count, colors, fabric type, fabric name, thread colors, embroidery metadata (author, title, comment, etc.), and more.
- From its Settings option, you can select a hoop for embroidery, enable autosave option, configure scrolling settings, calibrate screen, etc.
- You can save embroidery in another supported file.
- It contains a Measure tool too.
- It provides some handy options including Print, Read from Card/Machine, and Write to Card/Machine.
Overall, it is one of the best embroidery viewers for Windows.
my editor is another free embroidery file viewer software on this list. You can view embroideries saved in various files. It lets you edit the design too as it contains many editing tools too. These include transforming design, modifying design, add borer, change fabric, etc.
Let’s see what are the features offered in this software:
- It supports multiple formats to view embroidery, such as DST, PCS, PES, VP3, EXP, HUS, XXX, VIP, SHV, SEW, JEF, ZHS, etc.
- As you open any supported embroidery file in it, it displays the design in center, embroidery sequence in Sequence Viewer, and embroidery’s Image Map.
- You can use Preview3D to view the design in 3D mode.
- It lets you adjust light to view the design.
- Basic tools to zoom, rotate, and scale design are provided in it. It provides some more handy features to hide selected objects, show hidden objects, show stitch marks, show filled outlines, etc.
- A Slow Redraw option is provided to play the sequence of the embroidery design. You can adjust the speed to play it.
- It also lets you view statistics of the embroidery design.
- You can also move to start or end of the design.
EOS Viewer is a nice free embroidery file viewer for Windows. It supports a lot of embroidery file formats to view. These include ERF, CHE, REF, FDR, KSM, PCS, PEC, PES, DST, DSB, ZSK, SEW, JEF, SHV, STX, EMN, VIP, XXX, etc. So, you don’t have to think much before importing an embroidery file as it supports most of them. It lets you zoom in/out, zoom into center, fit to screen, or view actual size of the embroidery. From View menu, you can find options to enable realistic view of embroidery, show/hide stitch points, show/hide hoops, and fullscreen mode. It also displays number of stitches in the design. You can also view stitch colors with stitch number, needle code, and color. Plus, some more tools like rulers and protractor are provided in it.
It provides a lot of additional tools to modify design like change size, redraw design, etc. You can also save an embroidery file in other supported formats.
Edit Express Lite
Edit Express Lite is another free software which lets you view embroidery designs. It supports a lot of embroidery file formats which you can import and view. It supports embroidery formats including PES, PEC, SEW, EMD, JEF, EXP, PCS, VIP, VP3, XXX, BLF, CSD, DST, SHV, and HUS. It displays number of stitches and provides an embroidery progress bar too. So, you can start viewing the embroidery from first stitch to the last stitch. It displays colors of stitches too.
To enhance your viewing experience, it provides options such as Magnifying Glass, Pan, Draw 3D, etc. It lets you see the Realistic Preview of embroidery design too. You can also select a hoop to view embroidery. It provides a color palette to see the colors used in the embroidery.
Note: The free edition of this software contains some restrictions. To enjoy more features, you need to purchase its paid version.
Embrilliance is yet another embroidery file viewer for Windows. To view embroidery designs, it supports formats which include ART, .ART42, .ART50, .ART60, .CND, .CSD, .DST, .DSZ, .EMB, .EMD, .EXP, .EXP+, .HUS, .JAN, .JEF, .JEF+, .PCS, .PCM, .PES, .PHB, .PHC, .PHD, .SEW, .SHV, .VIP, .VP3, .XXX, etc. As soon as you import an embroidery file, you can view its whole design along with objects and properties in respective panels. For better visualization, it provides various modes including 3D, metric grid, ghost mode, draw hoop, etc. You can zoom into the design to take a closer look at the design.
It can be used to edit the design too. You can add a lettering design, merge designs from its library, etc.
Note: This free version contains a lot of restrictions. For example, you cannot save edited file. You need to upgrade to its paid version to use all of its features.
Embroidermodder is a free portable embroidery file viewer for Windows. It supports a few embroidery files to view which include KSM, HUS, PES, EXP, and DST.
Here are some useful features of this embroidery viewer:
- As it has a multi-tab interface, you can open and view multiple embroidery files in different tabs.
- You can view a design while using zoom in/ out, zoom to fit, zoom to selection, and zoom to actual size options.
- It lets you view statistics of an embroidery design. These include real stitches, jump stitches, center of design, colors, total length of stitches, maximum stitch length, minimum stitch length, stitch length distribution, etc.
- It provides an Analyze feature to analyze embroidery file and save the data in CSV file.
Embroidery Reader, as the name implies, is a free embroidery file viewer. It is actually a PES file viewer as it only supports PES embroidery files. You can simply open a PES file and visualize the embroidery design. While viewing the design, you can rotate or zoom the design. It lets you set some embroidery viewer preferences too. For example, customize background color, set transparency grid, enable remove ugly stitches, and set thread thickness.
Apart from viewing embroidery, you can save it as an image or even print it. For saving embroidery as an image, it supports BMP, PNG, JPG, GIF, and TIFF formats.
File Viewer Lite
File Viewer Lite is a universal file viewer for Windows. It can be used to view document, text, spreadsheets, audio, videos, images, raw images, etc. It also lets you view embroidery files in PES format (Brother Embroidery Format). You can open a PES embroidery file and view it as a graphic. You can also use zoom and rotate options while viewing the file. It also shows detailed file metadata in the left panel. Apart from that, it lets you crop the image, resize it, add effects, apply shadow, or add border to it.
Note: This free version has some limitations e.g. save option is disabled. To remove these restrictions, upgrade to File Viewer Plus.